Posted by: Rose | 2009-03-04

I' m on Fertomid Cycle and my Gynae confirmed that I' ve got 6 good eggs. I ovulated 28 Feb past Saturday. We had sex a day before and and on the day of ovulation. My problem is since Sunday I' ve got a burning sentation under my belly on the right and left side and passing a lot of air. What could be causing all this?

Dear Rose

I cannot explain as to your burning sensation under your belly or the reason why you are passing a lot of air from a point of view of taking Fertomid. Fertomid does cause multiple follicular developments and can therefore cause abdominal discomfort especially in the lower abdomen. However there is no relationship between the use of Fertomid and the passing a lot of air. If these symptoms persist then I suggest that you see your gynaecologist.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo