Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2011/10/11

Fertomed pregnancy and endiometriosis

Dear Doc
I have endiometriosis and as a result lost one ovary. I desperately wanted to fall pregnant. My gine put me on fertomed 50mg from day 5 to 10 and i am also taking Pregnacare conception tablets. on day 15 i went for a sonar scan and there was 2 eggs. we have done the baby dance on day 15 as my dr said it is the best day for conception. my estrogen level measured 48 on day 18 via bloodtest. on day 28 I started with a thick dark discharge but no period as yet. Normally my periods are very heavy and painfull and it varies between 24 and 28 days. There is no pain thus far. Would you suggest me to take another course of fertomed and try again (Thus will be the 4th try) or maybe get some additional test done ? I am almost 39 and would love to fall pregnant before the age of 40. Please help.

Dear Desperate

I suggest you stop Fertomid for at least 2 months to allow your ovary to recover. Repeated stimulation of the ovary (especially in your situation) may result in ovarian cyst formation and further bleeding dysfunction due to hormonal imbalance. Taking your age and condition into account, I recommend in-vitro fertilization [IVF] as your next treatment alternative.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: sally | 2011/10/31

Hello
I have done 2 miscarrage last year.So i went to a gynae and found out that i had endromentrial polyps and done D& C on the 25 Oct 2011 so i want to know when i will ovulate, i want a baby,
Endrometrial polycs can cause miscarrage?

Reply to sally
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/12

Dear Desperate

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert