Question
Posted by: Biki | 2012/03/01

Fertility treatment

Hallo doc,
My husband and I are currently undergoing fertility treatment and hoping and praying for our first baby.
So far it has not been successful but I am very optimistic that this will be the month!!
My problem comes in that my husband and I almost never have intercourse. He is just completely uninterested in it. Even if the dr tells us to have sex on certain days, I always need to ''seduce'' him into doing it. It is so draining. I feel like a cheap hore, because I always need to take the initiavite. In our 3 year marriage, I can truthfully say that he had never initiated it. Never. I have read that men in their 30''s do not have a high libido, where as woman peak at this time? Is this true? I just dont know what to do about it. Not only do I have the constant stress about the fertility treatments, hormones etc, but the stress of my husbank not wanting to make love to me not even to conceive our first child is seriously getting me down.

Well, of course, if intercourse is rare, pregnancy is unlikely, however fertile both partners might be. Has your husband always been so uninterested in sex ? Men vary in the extent of their libido and the timing of it's "peak" if any.
It sounds as though, if this first round of treatments are unsuccessful, it would be a fgar, far, wiser investment to get jointly involved in good marriage counselling, to better understand his persistent disinterest in sex, and which of the many possible causes it may have, and how that might be remedied.

1