fertility treatment

when is concerned ok to ask for fertility treatment from my gynae ... i suffered an ectopic in Feb lossing my right tube and ovary. We have been trying since end of Feb so no avail and are immigrating year mid July next year. We would like to have a baby hee in SA with our family support. Do you think it is unreasonable to go onto a treatment this early? What would you recommend?

Many thanx! :)

Dear Anonymous

If you are in a rush to try an achieve a pregnancy then it is not unreasonable for you to go for treatment early. In your particular case it will be a little bit more difficult to conceive as now you only have one tube and one ovary. However if your other tube and ovary are normal then you should still have a chance of conceiving. Generally we would recommend waiting 9 months to a year before going for investigations and treatment.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo