Question
Posted by: CHARMAINE | 2009/11/09

FERTILITY SPECIALISTS

I HAVE TRIED FOR A BABY FOR FOUR YEARS NOW I HAVE BEEN WITH A GYNEA FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS HE NEVER CONDUCTED ANY TESTS HE ONCE PUT ME ON FERTOMID FOR ONE MONTH AND MY HUSBAND WENT FOR A SPERM COUNT HIS SPERMS ARE FINE.I AM STARTING TO GET REALY FRUSTRATED .I AM IN THE NORTHEN CAPE PLS RECOMMEND A FERTILITY SPECIALIST IN THE NORTHERN CAPE OR IN BLOEMFONTEIN.DOES A GYNAE HAVE TO REFER ME TO A FERTILITY SPECIALIST OR CAN I CONTACT HIM DIRECTLY

Dear Charmaine

For ethical reasons I won’t be able to recommend any specific fertility specialists however you do not require a gynaecologist to refer you to a fertility specialist. As it has been 4 years since you have been trying without any success it is advisable for you to be investigated further. The husband’s sperms are fine and therefore from his side everything appears to be normal however you particularly will need to be investigated on two primary points. The first one is to check if your hormonal profile is all within normal limits. Secondly it would then be advisable to have a laparoscopy to assess the patency of the fallopian tubes and if there are any other problems present such as endometriosis.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: Mapopi | 2009/12/04

What exactly is Endometriosis?

Reply to Mapopi
Posted by: mapopi | 2009/12/04

What exactly is

Reply to mapopi
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/11/30

Dear Charmaine

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert