Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/03/01

Fertility problems causing stress

My husband and I have been trying to have another baby but we have had two miscarriages. I''m scared this is ruining my marriage. What should we do?

This sort of matter can indeed be stressful, but it's not YOUR fault, nor that of your husband's - its one of those misfortunes of life that occur, for which nobody should be blamed. Copuples counselling could help you to deal with whatever problems may be arising between you two.

3
Posted by: Shargal | 2010/03/01

That is a painful experience,i would not wish it on my worst enemy.I am so sorry for both your loss and I have been in your shoes.

I think a start is getting both u and hobby into counseling to talk about it and let everything out in the open for healing to begin,and as u know time is a healer.

2nd step is get your gynae to run test/determine what went wrong in the previous two miscarriages,another thing is that as a woman,u tend to blame yourself for this misfortune and when u get pregnant again you tend to worry,have panic attacks and possibly stress.

Counseling will pave the way to healing,Eliminating fear,acceptance of what transpired and you will gain your confidence in carrying baby to term.

Good luck and if you do get pregnant,have a Gen Dr and a Gynae,it worked for me as both ended up having my history and Gen Dr are less expensive you could have several checks with him as opposed to a Gynae,the issue of availability also played a part in having two professionals at my disposal

Reply to Shargal
Posted by: Shargal | 2010/03/01

Reply to Shargal