Question
Posted by: Musa | 2011/10/06

Fertility problem

Dear expert. At 26 I had an ectopic pregnancy and my tube was removed. At 30 I had my first child after years of trying. During the pregnancy it was discovered that I have an inverted cervix and I have endometriosis, plus I have an irregular cycle.

I am now married and would like to have a second baby. I miraculously conceived last year February and I miscarried at 11 weeks. This has left me traumatised and wondering if I will ever have a second baby. My husband and inlaws are breathing down my neck for my lack of child bearing skills. It is unbearable to see other pregnant females around me! How can I ensure that I fall pregnant and carry to baby to at least 35 weeks for prem birth if I cannot carry the baby to full term. My daughter was born at 29 weeks. She is small but healthy! How can I get a repeat of this?

Dear Musa

My first advice would be to visit a fertility specialist and have a full evaluation of your endometriosis, hormonal, status cervix etc. Based on this a correct approach to your problem can be chosen in terms of either ovulation induction and insemination even in-vitro fertilization [IVF]. With your history IVF would be a very reasonable option to achieve a quick and successful outcome. However additional precautions would need to be taken during the pregnancy to avoid premature delivery and miscarriages.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/11

Dear Musa

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert