Posted by: Dagbreek1 | 2009-02-17

Fertility issues

I' ve been maried for about 4 years now, I left the pill just after we got married. We still haven' t had any luck getting pregnant. Is there any advice you could give me on how to go about fertility tests and if you can recommend a good doctor whom we can contact I would greatly appreciate it.

Dear Dagbreek1

The definition of infertility is the inability to conceive after 1 year of unprotected intercourse. Most couples should have conceived by now, as you have been trying for the last 4 years. There may well be a problem either from your side or from your husband’s side. The basic tests for fertility would involve a semen analysis, a hormonal profile to assess and in addition to assess for ovulation and patency of the fallopian tubes. You should see your gynaecologist or fertility specialist centre close to where to stay.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: Dagbreek1 | 2009-02-24

I' m situated in Pretoria

Reply to Dagbreek1
Posted by: WVW | 2009-02-17

Maybe if you can say where we will help
I would say u must go and see a ginea 4 years is long we have been trying for 19 months before we decided to get help and now i am angry with myself cause the probleme could have been sorted out by know. i have been on clomid for the past 3 month and still nothing

Reply to WVW