Question
Posted by: Thomas | 2012/06/21

Fertility concerns

Good Day,

I am a bit worried and not too sure who to approach as my Gynae is not concerned at present and my GP told me to speak to a Gynae.

I have been off the pill for 2 years. My Dh and I decided last year that we would try for a baby (we have a 3yr) old son from September, actively try. Monitoring cycles, doing ovulation tests, working out my fertility chart, everything. And we had so much fun.

Its been exactly 9 months and nothing. My cycles vary from one month being 28 days to the next 32 days to the next 29 to 26 to 30 constantly.

Excluding this current month every OPK we have done (digital clearblue) has been negative, I have spent so much money on vitamins, blood tests for hormones, OPK''s, HPT''s with no luck.

This month I bought a Clicks brand OPK and 5 tests were done from th start of my fertility window till the day it ended and 4 tests were " invalid"  - test line much lighter than control line, then the last one done yesterday remained blank, so I gathered my time had passed.

I have had spotting or break through bleeding for the last 6 months throughout the month. Dh has been so moody, I never know when its that time and when its not.

Spotting starts a week after ovulation which makes me excited and I imagine its implantation and last right through till I start my cycle. Then followed by passing quite a few clots.

I have spoken to gynae about it and she said its normal. I shouldn''t stress. And she will only do further investigations once we have been trying for 12 - 18 months, so when she see''s fit.

What do I do? We have sort of put it out of our mind, but it keeps coming back. Dh is starting to feel like its him, I feel like its my fault. And now, we just avoid sex all together because its just stressful.

Please help me, or advise what I should do, or something. I honestly just don''t know anymore.

You could do a Day 21 progesterone. This will tell if you are ovulating. If you are, it should put your mind at rest and I would then suggest that you forget about 'trying' and just have sex when you feel like it for the next few months. Too much stress does not help with falling pregnant.

3
Posted by: Thomas | 2012/06/27

Thank you for your responses.

I will be seeing a new Gynae on 3 August and hoping she can assist. She has also suggested we do a Sperm Analysis test for Hubby just to be certain.

But this month has gone the same, since the weekend I have been spotting none stop yet again.

Reply to Thomas
Posted by: Mary | 2012/06/25

If you are concerned, make an appointment with a fertility expert.

I was also not able to wait for 12 months (like usually recommended) and it was founded that I do have a fertility issue.

Come join us for support and friendship at the Infertility forum.

Reply to Mary