Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009/05/11

Fertility and Adco-Talomil

I am taking anti-depressants and at the same time trying to fall pregnant. Does this medication have an affect on my fertility?

Dear Worried

The use of anti-depressants generally may not have an effect on fertility. However it is advisable that before you are trying to fall pregnant, you should perhaps try and stop the anti-depressants under medical advise. If however one is not able to stop any of the anti-depressants then you should take anti-depressants that would be reasonably safe to be taken in a pregnancy. You need to consult your psychiatrist to ascertain the need for the medication.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo