Question
Posted by: babysteps | 2008/08/19

fertility after termination

I had a termination about four weeks ago, how soon after that can i be fertile cause im still sexually active and i dont want to fall pregnant again...please help

Dear Babysteps

Depending on how far the pregnancy was before termination, it is not unusual that ovulation may occur within 14 days and therefore you may even conceive before the next menstrual cycle is expected. This is because ovulation precedes menstruation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

8
Posted by: T | 2008/08/22

Please dont kill your baby. Please reconsider.

Reply to T
Posted by: Disgusted | 2008/08/21

Dear Liliana, i feel terribly sorry for you and what happened to you AND I respect the fact that you tried to give you' re baby a better life BUT these girls are worrying about falling pregnant right after having abortions...to me this sounds pretty irresponsible and shouldn' t be supported! That' s what gets me...not the fact that they are getting the abortions.
Good luck to you both!

Reply to Disgusted
Posted by: Charmain | 2008/08/21

Thanks Liliana

I have already made an appointment with them

Reply to Charmain
Posted by: Liliana | 2008/08/21

Hi Charmain

Ignore them! If they so desperately wanna give babies for adoption - let them do it!!! They obviously never gave a baby away after giving birth to him.

I have given up my baby for adoption when I fell pregnant and the age of 19 and to tell you the honest truth it was the most painfull thing I have ever done in my entire life.

I was raped 2 years ago by my ex-boyfriend and also fell pregnant. Decided to have an abortion, and it was not as bad or painful or emotional draining as adoption. It is not easy to carry a baby inside you for 9 months and then give it away.

Contact Marie Stopes - they are very helpfull and understanding!

Lost of love
Lil

Reply to Liliana
Posted by: Charmain | 2008/08/21

O I am sorry to have " me"  and " Disgusted"  so upset!!

Just to clear the air I posted the question to babysteps and definetly did not ask for outside opinions.

Reply to Charmain
Posted by: Disgusted | 2008/08/21

I agree with you " me" !! This makes me furios...there are so many couples (yes couples) trying to fall pregnant and then you read mails like these two above. Have you never heard of condoms/the pills or plain just NOT having sex with you' re partner before you' re married. Babysteps, if you' re afraid of falling pregnant again STOP having sex!!!!

You disgust me!!!

Reply to Disgusted
Posted by: me | 2008/08/21

Why the hell did you both fall preg in the 1st place. Charmain wht dont you put your baby up for addoption.

Reply to me
Posted by: Charmain | 2008/08/20

Hi there!

Sorry for budding in. I am also considering termination I am about 5 weeks.
Please share your experience with me - where did you go? how long did it take? how much does it cost? how long will i be off work?

C

Reply to Charmain