Question

fertility after breast cancer treatment

I'  m 30, female, with a history of breast cancer. I received tamoxifen and zoladex injections and as a result I went into medical menopause. I also had radiation after surgery. I am in remission now for a while and feel great. I'  m off both these medicines for over 5 months and my menstrual period still haven'  t returned. My question is: HOW LONG AFTER STOP USING THESE MEDICINES COMBINED DOES MENSTRUAL PERIOD USUALLY RETURN TO NORMAL? Secondly: WHAT CAN I EXPECT REGARDING MY FERTILITY IN THE FUTURE?

Expert ImageCancer survivors guest forum

It is important that you discuss this with your oncologiost to determin if your breasr cancer was hormone positive as thsi will impact your furture fertility , Do this as soon as possible .
Linda