Question
Posted by: Vivo | 2011-08-23

Fertility

I am 43 years old and have three children. I want to have the fourth one in my new marriage.

Dear Vivo

There is no reason why you should not attempt to conceive. However it is important to note that at your age there is an increased risk of chromosomal problems such as Down syndrome and also the pregnancies may be a lot more complicated then when you were younger due to the higher risk of hypertension, diabetes etc. Also a background probabilities of conception at your age is significantly reduced and should you not conceive within 9 months you may require assistance from a gynaecologist or fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-08-25

Dear Vivo

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert