Question
Posted by: zainab abubakar | 2011/06/07

fertility

my spleen was removed about 17yrs ago,i keep having yeast infection and it keeps re-occuring after medication,a doctor told me it''s because i dont ve a spleen,and these yeast infection is preventin me from concieving.i had my first child after 5yrs of marriage and now i have been trying for the past 3yrs.please help.

Dear Zainab Abubaka

It is quiet possible that can have recurrent yeast infections if your immunity is low. However it is unlikely that by getting these yeast infections that that is the cause of you not falling pregnant. I would suggest you look for other causes such as checking if the sperms are good enough, checking if the fallopian tubes are patent or not and doing hormonal tests to see if your hormones are normal and that you are ovulating.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/13

Dear Zainab Abubaka

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert