Question
Posted by: lolly | 2010/02/17

fertility

My husband &  I have been trying to fall pregnant since march last year, but so far nothing is happening. We have sex regularly. My periods are irregular, I tend to get them every second month.they last for 6 days. I'  m turning 30 this year &  i have never used contraceptions in my life, it has always been condoms. Should I be worried? Can you please recommend a good gynae in pretoria.

Hallo Lolly
I think you should see a gyne as you may not be ovulating regularly.

Pretoria East Fertility Clinic
Tel:(012) 883-8854
Doctors: Dr. Joubert & Dr. Throuw
Address: Pretoria East Hospital
Room 19, 1st Floor
Medical Centre
Garsfontein Rd
Pretoria East

Genesis Reproductive Centre
Tel:(012) 367-4363
Doctors: Dr. Pentz & Dr. de Bruin
Address: Kloof Hospital
Room 111
Jochemus Street
Erasmus Kloof
Pretoria

Kloof Fertility Centre
Tel:(012) 367-4363
Doctors: Dr. Johan Pentz & Dr. Georg Hogewind
Address: Kloof Hospital
Erasmuskloof
Pretoria
Web Address:www.klooffertility.com

2
Posted by: Jane | 2015/11/04

hi Doctor, please can you assist me my husband and i are trying to conceive for the last four years. i have been to a fertility specialist, i have been taking clomid and provera, my cycle is very irregular, i get my periods if im lucky like three times a year. the doctor said that i was not ovulating he put me on a six month treatment of clomid and provera, which worked with my body, i was ovulating quite fine, my tubes and womb is healthy and looks fine no blockage. my husband went for a sperm test and it showed that he didnt have any sperm in his semen, the doctor said that it could be he has a blockage and he needs to go for an operation for this. my husband is very doubtful and afraid to go as he thinks that it could make him infertile completely. as for me i have stopped the treatment and not taking any other tablets to bring on my periods, and the doctor said that until my husband is checked then only i can be taken care of. i do have PCOS, and my ovaries are slightly larger than normal and is also pearly white. please can you advise me what i should do as i really desperately want to be a mother, i am 36 and my husband is 39. time is not on our side. please help me. i want to be a mom so badly.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/17

Hallo Lolly

Pretoria East Fertility Clinic
Tel:(012) 883-8854
Doctors: Dr. Joubert & Dr. Throuw
Address: Pretoria East Hospital
Room 19, 1st Floor
Medical Centre
Garsfontein Rd
Pretoria East

Genesis Reproductive Centre
Tel:(012) 367-4363
Doctors: Dr. Pentz & Dr. de Bruin
Address: Kloof Hospital
Room 111
Jochemus Street
Erasmus Kloof
Pretoria

Kloof Fertility Centre
Tel:(012) 367-4363
Address: Kloof Hospital
Erasmuskloof
Pretoria
Web Address:www.klooffertility.com

Reply to cyberdoc