Question
Posted by: Zaza | 2010-01-14

fertility

Doc

I have been trying to fall pregnant since last year May after using Femodene ED contraceptives, do you think it is normal after such a long period of trying? Could there be a possibility of not ovulating in this case? The other problem is my sore womb, usually after intercourse with my Husband (especially when he penetrates me from the back) Will this affect my fertility or is there other reasons why i get a sore womb. I am really trying to conceive, please help.

Dear Zaza

By definition the inability to conceive after trying for one year of regular unprotected intercourse would put you into a category of infertility or having difficulty in conceiving. You have been trying for the last 9 months and providing your menstruation is regular I would suggest that you wait until May before attempting to seek fertility investigations. However because you are complaining of a painful uterus and especially after intercourse the possibility that you may have endometriosis may be high. So in your particular case it may be more advisable to seek help from a gynaecologist earlier to ascertain if there is any evidence of endometriosis as endometriosis does have an effect on fertility.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-01-18

Dear Zaza

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert