Question
Posted by: elmarie | 2009-09-17

Fertility

my boyfriend had a visectomy - how can I get pregnant

Dear Elmarie

If your partner has had a vasectomy then you have two options in trying to achieve a pregnancy. The one option is a reversal of a vasectomy, which is an operative procedure with a very poor success rate (too many antibodies produced). The better option would be to do Micro-insemination (IVF with ICSI) with a testicular aspirate or testicular biopsy; i.e.; removing sperm directly from the testicle and fertilising the egg in a lab setting.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: Alfred | 2009-09-25

In 2002 my wife could not conceive so we had to see a gynae and I also went for a sperm test of which the result were that I had a slow sperm count. Nonetheless she conceived mid year but had a miscarriage in Dec 2002 she conceived again and we now have a three year old. We have be trying again since she was two but no luck. She has use pills from the gynae but nothing is happening. What can I do?

Reply to Alfred
Posted by: weja | 2009-09-25

my wife recently had a laparoscopy, where a large cyst was removed according to her gynae. he told her that both her tubes are completely blocked and that he could not temper with them in fear of damaging fibroids. I also recently had a 2nd semen analyis. the 1st done a few months ago indicated that I had a low sperm count , but the recent showed improvement which was satisfactory after Ive been using fertipil plusfor a few months. she is 29yrs old and I am 36yrs ,we both have no kids and have tried for past 4 yrs without sucess. she has been reffered to a specialist. what can you advise to improve our chances of conceiving.we are desperate

Reply to weja
Posted by: Nash | 2009-09-21

IVF with ICSI or Reversal - IVF is better

Reply to Nash