Question
Posted by: Misty | 2009/08/03

Fertility

The importance of cervical mucus as a fertility inhibitor is rather dubious and far too much emphasis is being placed on the value of cervical mucus in isolation. The causes of cervical mucus problems are usually based on an underlying hormonal factor and this needs to be established and corrected as a precursor to any further treatment. However the presence of antisperm-antibodies in cervical mucus is a different situation and may require intrauterine insemination as a method of treatment. This problem requires careful evaluation by means of a post coital test and is diagnosed under microscopy. The absence of sperm in the ejaculate may be an indication of possible retrograde ejaculation and this problem needs to be evaluated by an urologist. However in cases of too frequent intercourse one may encounter a similar problem although this is somewhat of a rare occurrence.
Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
QUESTION for Dr Cassim :I have also used Staminagro for a few years now with Omega 3-6. What medication can I use to heal my MUCUS problem that I have?????

Dear Misty

The problem of the mucus is a hormone dependent problem and therefore it may require careful hormone manipulation. In some cases the addition of estrogens will allow the mucus to be more easily penetrable and combined with low dose cortizone might improve the overall prognosis if anti-bodies are present.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim