Question
Posted by: patricia | 2009/02/03

fertility

I have two questions,i have a very flabby tummy and would like to know that if i undergo an operation tyo have it removed will i be able to fall pregnant? secondly i would like to know what is " heist" 
and can i be a uterus donor to someone?

Dear Patricia

If you have a tummy tuck which I am assuming is what you are referring to, then yes you will still be able to fall pregnant. A “heist” is short for a hysterectomy. A hysterectomy is name of an operation that is performed to remove the uterus or the womb. You cannot be a uterus donor; at this stage uterine transplantation is not possible.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo