Posted by: Misty | 2008-12-15

I had a 29 day' s cycle this month, my menstruation started on 24 Nov 2008, and I worked out that my ovulation had to start around the 5th of Dec. I did a ovulation test on 7 Dec and got my LH surge, on the pamflet it says you have to make love any time from then till 48 hours after you got this LH surge. We had intercourse on the 7th,8th and the 9th, but what confuses me is that I had a discharge and pains that you normally have in your ovulation period, I stil have these pains, what I would like to know is it true that we you get your LH surge with the ovulation test, you are only fertile for the 48 hours after you got it?

Ovulation pain should not last more than 24 hours. The ovulation kit is probably more accurate in determining the time of ovulation.

Posted by: Misty | 2008-12-18

Thank you for the reply, I' m not sure because I have these type of pains every month in that time, don' t know why. If I' m not pregnant can you please tell me about my question about the LH Surge and when is it important that we have to have intercourse, after I dedected my LH Surge?

Reply to Misty
Posted by: Ruby | 2008-12-17

Hey Misty,
I am just guessing, but it might be that you are pregnant and you are feeling those pains because of that... You will have to wait and see :-) Remember to take folic acid 2 X day while you try. You can get it over the counter. It can only do you good and if you conceive, your baby needs it for his growth. I had a lot of cramps and things when I concieved and also when I was supposed to get my period (it felt like period pain and I was sure my period was about to start, but it didnt, it was cramps because of implantation) Hope you pregnant!! Regards Ruby

Reply to Ruby