Question
Posted by: Tinkerbel | 2008/10/22

Fertility

I would like to know how they can tell if you are fertile or not. The tests &  procedures they do to see if you can have children one day. How much it costs. How accurate it is. The symptoms &  were can I get tested?

Jenine

Dear Tinkerbel

The tests are essentially divided into 2 areas. The first concentrates on the anatomy and may require an underlying pelvic ultrasound as well as an X-ray called a hystersalpingogram to evaluate tubal patency. The other area of investigations focuses on whether you are ovulating or not and is rather more complex but can be evaluated through a series of blood tests. The costs unfortunately varies from centre to centre and will depend on the extend to which investigation is intended.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: JANE | 2008/10/23

I AM VERY DEPRESSED BCOS I CANT SEEM TO FALL PREGNANT BEEN ON CLOMID BUT NOTHING, MY HUSBAND IS AN EX DRUGADDICT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE THE REASON.

Reply to JANE