Question
Posted by: lova | 2008/07/16

fertile

I've been using the Nulsterade as a form of birth control fo about 3 years.I want to have a baby and I want to know if I continue using it will I still be able to have babies. Or should I discontinue

Dear Lova

Nuristerate injection for birth control does not cause somebody not to have babies. In other words there is no relationship between the use of Nuristerate and infertility. The important thing to only note is that it does takes about 6 to 9 months for your cycle to return back to normal after stopping the Noristerate. My suggestion is that if you are not ready to have babies right now then you should continue using the Nuristerate and only stop it once you are ready but plan atleast 6 to 9 months in advance.

Answered by: Dr Y. Dasoo