Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2009-10-05

Ferti-Focus ovulation test kit

Hi there, I am 34 and have been using Ferti-Focus to see whether I am ovulating or not. According to Ferti-Focus I am not however according to my cycle (26 - 28 days) I have been getting the stretchy egg white discharge that I associate with ovulation. Does this mean that the Ferti-Focus kit is not accurate or can a woman still get the stretchy egg white discharge and not ovulate? Thank you.

Dear Nikki

It is however possible that the Ferti-Focus kit may not always be accurate as many of the ovulation test kits are not 100% accurate. If you feel that that you are ovulating and the fact that you have a regular 28-day cycle it probably appears that you are ovulating then I would suggest that you try and find another way to diagnose if and when ovulation is taking place. The best way to do this would be to first of all do a mid-luteal that is day-21 progesterone level and if this is high then ovulation is taking place. If however you need to time your cycle better then serial ultrasound assessment of follicular development is much more accurate.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-10-21

Dear Nikki

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert