Question
Posted by: Helene | 2009/03/20

Ferritin count

I would like to know what the " normal"  range would be for a patient`s Ferritin (Serum Fe) count please?

H

Helene

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about Ferritin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serum_ferritin

1
Posted by: Helene | 2009/03/22

My Ferritin count is 34, my iron 8,5 and Hb 11. I am very tired, despite receiving Venofer 3 weeks ago. Before that my Ferritin was 9, my iron 10,3 and Hb 11.4. I feel that it is still to low, as I am not feeling better and if I understand the article correctly, my Ferritin should be about 50. Previous doctor always kept my ferritin levels at 100. Am I correct?

Reply to Helene