Question

Ferrimed

Hi Doc!

I have an iron deficiency and have been on Ferrimed for the last 2 to 3 years. I take 2 capsules daily, but it does not seem to have enough impact on my system. Last my blood count was 3.6.
I still get tired so much so that by the end of the day I am unable to do anything (I study and work... so I feel like I can''t do much or any studying).
It was worse before Ferrimed, but is there anything I can also do or take that could help.
I have done 5 G- and two C-scopes and they all came up ok in a space of 6 years, the doctors do not know how I am losing iron or why my body does not absorb iron, my menstruation period also only last 2 or 1 day.
I eat a lot of liver, meat and veggies (especially spinach) but I still feel lousy.
I have irritable bowl syndrome as well, I don''t know if they are related, but my IBS has gotten better since I have started taking Ferrimed except feeling bloated.
Is Ferrimed good to take long term? Please advice on what could make my life better!!

I strongly suggest that you consult an internal specialist for a second opinion and to exclude another cause for your tiredness, like fibromialgia. It is also possible that there is a problem with the absorption of iron in your gut. There are specialised tests to determine this and the internal specialist will be able to explore all possibilities. It is not detramental to your health to take Ferrimed for an extended period.

3

Does ferrimed tablets cause weight loss

Posted by: miss b | 2015-09-15

Am also on ferrimed bcz wen I was pregnant I ate soil too much. I forget things eeasily is dis because of iron deficiency?

Reply to miss b
Posted by: Rosel | 2015-01-28

You should have your Ferritin Value tested. But the Laboritory Reference value for Ferritin says 10 - 204 / or 10 - 120 depending on the machine with which it is tested (but this Reference is too low ) - and this is the problem. If your Ferritin is still within this range your Doctor will not acknowledge a problem or anemia until below this level. But if you have symptoms like exhaustion, insomnia, and a lot of others, your Ferritin levels should be raised to 200ng/ml by intravenous infusion with Venofer 200mg twice per week until your levels are normal and you feel better. Please check this website : http://www.coaching-for-health.net/eze/ You can even ask the Dr Schaub for advise. He helped my via email.

Reply to Rosel