Question
Posted by: Trace | 2008/08/07

Feral Cat

Hi there, for the past year i have been feeding a feral cat. I can get no where near it. I leave a bowl of food and water for it in my garden and I have observed it coming to eat it in the evenings. Lately it comes to the house and lets out these long meouws that almost sound like a groan. I will then try and speak to it but it merely runs away. Could it be it no longer enjoys the food on the menu? Seriously, why does it do this? I trust it is not in pain. I have three cats of my own who all remain in the house at night and therefor do not come into contact with the feral cat. Is this cat perhaps on heat and callng out to my cats who are all actually female. Your thoughts and insight would be appreciated.

Is the cat losing weight at all?

Very diff to find out if anything is wrong if you can do a proper exam.

1
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/07

Yep .. sounds like it .... is there any way you can try and trap this cat ???? and have him/her snipped?

Wherabouts in the country are you.

I have 3 ferals that have made beautiful housecats .

Reply to Carol