Question
Posted by: X | 2011-12-06

Q.

Fenton Procedure

I have to go for a Fenton procedure. Not due to natural childbirth or episiotomy scarring but was just born that way. After a couple years of marriage, sex is very painful and my gynae only recently noticed that I am actually very narrow. What can I expect and can you please advise what the success rate is?

Expert's Reply

A.

The success rate is high. You will have some pain and bleeding after the operation but there should be relatively few issues.

3
user comments

C.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-12-12

Posted by: X | 2011-12-09

Thanks so much for your response. I will be booked off for a week and am hoping its long enough as my job is very stationary. Hope you are healed in no time.

Reply to X
Posted by: Shanel | 2011-12-08

Hello there! I underwent a Fenton''s procedure last week monday. Everyone''s experience of the operation will be different. I haven''t had intercourse yet as I''m still in the healing process. You get admitted in hospital as a same day case and you will go under general aneastethic. The procedure is a short one,15mins or less. You wake up with no pain as you are injected with morphine or pethodine which lasts for like 6hrs. My pain experience thereafter was terrible,for a whole week I could not sit properly,I used ice packs and very strong pain killers. The bruising is sore, you don''t actually feel the wound or stitches and its absorbable stitches aswell.

Reply to Shanel

Want to comment?