Question
Posted by: SR | 2010/06/14

Femur

Good day Dr

My son (5) broke his femur at the end of March and has a pin put in to keep it in place. He still complains about being sore - which i guess could be normal - and he also still walks funny. He limps and walks with his foot turned out.
I absolutely have no regard for the Dr (an orthopedic surgeon) and we are seeing a new Dr at the end of the month - as i was told the pins will come out in 6 months.

Any ideas what i can do to help him walk properly again - until we see the new Dr??

thank you

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The best for the little boy is to be seen by an orthopedic surgeon whom you trust and for the leg to be examined and new X-rays taken. The doctor will then be able to decide if the femur has healed and tnat the fracture is in the correct position. See him as soon as possible

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/06/14

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum