Question
Posted by: rowayda | 2012/06/03

femoston-conti

I am 56, post-menopausal and have started femoston-conti seven weeks ago and it seems to have made my IBS worse, my breasts have become tender and I have had the occasional slight bleed. What can I expect if I discontinue? I have never experienced hot flushes. Are there any reliable alternative therapies?

HRT protects against osteoporosis and colon cancer and also relieves menopausal symptoms. The alternative for osteoprosis is calcium and regular bone density scans.

3
Posted by: marion steer | 2012/06/14

Sorry forgot to say that I have been experiencing the menopause for 4 years now that is when last period was, and I am 54 very soon, too soon really.

Reply to marion steer
Posted by: marion steer | 2012/06/14

I too have been given femoston-conti and am experiencing bad lower back pain, thought I may have a kidney infection but looked up symptoms and don''t think I have. My stomach feels very sensitive, have only taken for 2 weeks, but, the symptoms I was experiencing with the menopause were awful, apart from the usual hot flushes (which I could cope with),there was the insomnia, the aching bones, fingers, feet etc. terrible mood swings, forgetfullness, so I''m thinking maybe I should give them longer before I rush back to the doctor. I was also given Pizotifen as I was having dizzy spells (which were particuarly nasty) Doctor put them down to migraine which I have suffered with since childhood. Just a bit worried about the particuarly bad back pain.

Reply to marion steer