Posted by: Ilse | 2008-11-10

Femodene, start of 3rd cycle, no period

I use femodene / contraceptives for the first time. Had my first period while on a contraceptive after the first set of 28 tabs. Now, after second set, I' m 1 day late already. Used condom during the first 54 days. Had unprotected IC two days before end of second cycle. (Thought a safe period for unprotected IC would be say a couple of days before / after day 28 of the cycle. Can one skip periods while on femodene for the first time, or might I be pregnant? I kept on taking my femodene tabs as I would normally.

You are protected throughout the cycle on the Pill. I am not sure what you mean by one day late. Periods do not necessarily start with the first inactive pill. They can start any time while you are taking the inactive pills.