Posted by: Mac50 | 2011-04-30

Femigel Hormone Replacement &  weight loss

I have been using Femigel Pump for 4 years following the removal of my uterus and ovaries but I am battling to loose weight. Could the HRT be the reason? When I try and stop using them I become very emotional &  moody. Do you have any suggestions?

Dear Mac50
According to my copy of MIMS, HRT products that contain oestradiol such as Femigel, do have the potential to cause weight gain. If you become emotional and moody when you don't use HRT, I would suggest that you return to the medical doctor who prescribe the Femigel and discuss this problem with him/her. The dr may be able to suggest an alternative HRT treatment that is less likely to cause weight gain. In the meanwhile, reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, reasons for weightloss problems, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

Posted by: Marcel | 2016-05-29

I have used Femigel for 1 year and gained 10 kg! ! Very disappointed and stopped using. Now using Cheste Berry drops with Sage drops, hot flushes and moodiness gone but 10 kg still sitting sitting firmly! !

Reply to Marcel
Posted by: Hannali | 2016-04-05

I would like to know where I can buy this product in South Africa with out going to a dr

Reply to Hannali

How is Femigel used and why is it used

Posted by: Charne | 2015-09-11

I've used femigel for a few years due to hot flushes and night sweats. I no longer have them so I stopped using it! Is it safe just to stop and What are the side effects?

Reply to Charne
Posted by: Catherine Kotze | 2015-07-31

hi im 54yr old..and would like to kno if i may use Femigel as a hormonal replacement..i still have my ovaries and it safe for me to use I

Reply to Catherine Kotze

thanks I certainly will try.

I have come off femigel gained weight and my skin is sagging

Do you have a diet plan that worked for you?

Go on a low carb high fat diet for three weeks, you will lose the spare tyre