Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2011-09-07

Femigel

I had a total hysterectomy 8 years ago. I am currently 47 years old. I was on Premarin for a number of years but my GP moved me onto Femigel for the last 3 years or so. There is so much controversy around HRT that I don''t know what I''m supposed to do. I''ve been on hrt for 8/9 years now. How much longer should I keep taking it? Is it doing more harm than good? Help!

There are advantages and disadvantages to HRT. The advantages are that it protects against osreoporosis and colon cancer and symptoms like hot flushes. The disadvante is that there is a slightly increased risk of breast cancer. You will have to decide what risks you wish to take.

3

I have been using Femigel for over 15 years now and find that I get very tired and down before using it each evening. It has become like a drug that I need. Does anyone else experience this? When I stop taking it for a few hours I get a headache

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-09-13

Reply to gynaedoc | 1 comment (hide)

that is not a suitable answer