Posted by: TUTU | 2009-06-04

Female steralizing/ Tubal LIGATION RISKS

I am 29 YRS married with three kids and I WOULD LIKE TO DO Female steralizing/ Tubal Ligation,BUT I am scared of possible risks associated with having tubes tied like menstrual cycle disturbances and gynecological problems. is the risk that BAD? is the procedure painful,i had all my kids with NORMAL VAGINAL DELIVERY,I AM SCARED OF OPERATION AND RISKS BELLOW

The symptoms of post tubal ligaiton syndrome may include:
irregular, heavy, painful periods, and other menstrual issues
symptoms of early onset menopause
severe or worsening of premenstrual syndrome
loss of libido
ectopic pregnancy
vaginal dryness
hot flashes
cold flashes
trouble sleeping
mood swings

Heavier periods can occur after a sterilisation, but the other symptoms are not caused by sterilisation. If you have been on hormonal contraception and stop this when you are sterilised, then the beneficial effects of the hormones such as relief of PMS are lost. AT 29 years, you are young to be considering permanent contraception though. Why don't you stick with something else for now.