Question
Posted by: DEEE | 2010-05-13

FEMALE OILY AND ACENE SCARRED SKIN

DEAR DR PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT IS A BETTER PRODUCT TO USE AS A SUN SCREEN IF I HAVE OILY DEHYDRATED SKIN WITH LOTS OF PIGMENTATION
I AM USING ENVIRON AQUATROLPRECLEANSER, INTERACTIVE CLEANSER, ALPHA DAY LOTION WITH ORIGINAL RANGE MOISTURE GEL AND NIGHT ORIGINAL RANGE MILD NIGHT CREAM HOWEVER I AM THINKING OF NOT USING THE ALPHADAY AND REPLACE IT WITH EITHER THE
HELIOCARE SILK GEL SPF 30
OR HELIOCARE GEL SPF 50 ALONG WITH MY ORIGINAL RANGE MOISTURE GEL
WHICH SUNSCREEN WOULD YOU SAY WOULD BE BEST FOR ME THANK YOU

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Dee, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to have a consultation with a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin and advise you on the best topical regime.

As a general rule oily prone skin should be gently washed twice daily (and my advice would be to stay away from toners and granular or exfoliating scrubs/face wash) and only to use oil free products including ones make up.
The Heliocare SPF 50 is not only a good ‘sun protector’ for the skin but is also oil free and can be safely used in people with oily skin or acne prone skin.

The alpha day lotion is indicated for pigmentation so if that is not concerning you then one does not need to use this product however there is nothing stopping you using it in combination with the Heliocare Gel.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-05-15

Hi Dee, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert