Question
Posted by: Exerciser | 2009-04-04

Female issues

I am very overweight female and started gym this week. Did cardio for 20-30 minutes twice this week. Now today my period arrived 10 days early! I am worried. Is this from the gym training? I am 37

Hi Exerciser

I don't think so, I've certainly not heard of premature menstruation as a result of training. Though I stand corrected.

I would not react just yet, but rather continue the training and see how things go int he next couple of months. It might be the initial training was the cause (though as I said, I doubt it), and it will now settle and continue as normal.