Question
Posted by: JEANETTE | 2008/08/28

FEMALE DOGS FIGHTING

I have a 12 year old schnauzer, a 5 year old cross doberman/whippet &  a 3 year old minuture daxie. The daxie is always attacking the schnauzer &  am not sure what to do about this. The daxie is very jealous &  if anyone comes near me she growls &  wants to attack. The schanuzer would be curled up sleeping in her bed &  if I walk past the daxie will just attack her. Please can you advise what to do.

Dear Jeanette

Neutering firstly, secondly you can use a DAP diffuser to reduce stress in the house and the daxie needs to know that he is at the bottom of the hierachy. You are probably treating her as the leader ie feeding her first giving more attention to her and not telling her off when he gets jealous of the other dogs. Read other commemts and question regarding hierachy on this forum. Give your first attention to the other two, feed them first, keep the small dog off the couches and your bed to make her realize that she is at the bottom of the pile. This will reduce the need for the daxie to assert herself in the position that you have put her.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

Dogs are not jealous - jealousy is a human emotion. They are dominant, or submissive - different thing.

Read up on ' fighting dogs'  in the categories on the right - this has been discussed many times in this forum.

Reply to Chill