Posted by: minki | 2010-08-19

Female condoms

hi I need to know about using female condoms. i guess you buy at Diskem but are they effective to prevent preg and HIV? easy to use? what is sex like with a female condom? i would think that since males dont really like wearing them that if the female wore one its a bonus for the man or not...Pls give me your opinion on this one.

Female condoms are an effective barrier method to prevent pregnancy and HIV if properly used, yes. They take a little planning as they need to be inserted a little while before sex to allow time to settle/fit your vagina more comfortably. It may be that this allows for more sensation for the man and you may need to use waterbased lube (not others - eg oil based) to prevent too much friction and possibly damaging the condom. Give it a try so that you have more than one option - I like your thinking!

Posted by: lady #1 | 2010-08-20 i correct in thinking the female condom is LESS likely to prevent AIDS/HIV spread? after all there is considerable " skin to skin"  or exchange of body fluids with it. interesting to know if im right or wrong......
thanks sash :)

Reply to lady #1