Question
Posted by: Neighbour | 2009-11-30

Female cat urinating

Hi Cybervet,
I live in a complex, both my neighbours have 2 cats each, and I have 2 cats, each male and female. All cats get on well, with an occasional spat between my female and the neighbours tabby female. The same tabby female cat, who is about 8 years old and has had a tendon operation, comes into my house and sleeps there occassionally. I have found that she is weeing on some of the places she sleeps, usually soft things like my washing, cushions etc. Is this an anxiety problem? or could it be a urninary infection? My neighbour did mention to me that her cat has almost wee' d on her couch but was stopped just in time. My cats also visit the neighbour as well. I don' t want to chase her out if this is going to make her more anxious, so am not quite sure what to do.
Your advice is appreciated,

Dear Neighbour

Get a Feliway diffuser to reduce the indoor stress of all the cats involved. If that does not work tell your neigbour that her cat may have a bladder infection or crystals.