Posted by: karen | 2008-11-22

female business owner in financial ruin

I am a female business owner that is having financial problems because of the downturned economy. I don' t sleep at night, i have anxiety attacks, I drink more than I should to make the pain go away and the only feelings I have is the pain I feel all day and night dealing with people that want money. My fiance says that he " loves"  me but cant go on if there is not " closness"  which I determine to be sex, but I cant even think about it. I work sometimes 18 hours a day and I work 7 days a week to keep the business alive. I have a lot of responsibilities and he is seems to just be thinking of himself. He has been watching me suffer and still can' t see that I am ready to snap. He has a job that he gets paid a salary but doesn' t contribute to the household hardly at all. He pays for his own stuff mostly. I feel resetful because of that and I am sure that has inhibited our " closeness"  as well. Any suggestions?

You seem to have clearely identified the issues. Sex in such a situation can be a low priority ( or an escape route like your alcohol... and sex would be safer than alcohol) If you resent him then its even more difficult to become amourous . You need to address the issue with him . If he becomes involved in your world and helps to resolve the situation - the 2 of you will have a much closer relationshitp. If he does not... then he is just another problem you have to deal with. do the math.

Posted by: JM | 2008-11-29

I know its not fair on you for him not contributing, but maybe if you do do a bit of sex, you might even find that you might even be able to get rid of some of your frustrations as well and in the process be able to concentrate more on some of your real business issues.

Reply to JM
Posted by: Bozo | 2008-11-23

You need a new
s partner

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: z | 2008-11-23

Hi yes sex will be the last thought on your mind been there done that, as for the boyfriend he does not have the stress you have so he is thinking of himself sad to say.
You need to formulate a business plan speak to your creditors there are many in this same situation in the world your not on your own and its not in anyone’ s interest for you too close up shop its in there best interest try help you make it.
I hope you are able to make a plan all the best

Reply to z