Question
Posted by: Taya | 2012/08/02

Female athletic triad

Who would be the appropriate person to consult for help with this specifically? The dieticians I''''ve seen don''''t seem to understand it as being different to just restricting, and don''''t take into account the exercise, build etc. People seem to use the term, but does it really matter as no one seems to address it anyway?! I''''m in Johannesburg.

Dear Taya
I would suggest that you do 2 things: 1) Phone the University of the North-West (Potchefstroom) and ask for the Department of Human Nutrition. Then ask to speak to Prof Hattie Wright, who is one of our leading sports nutritionists in SA. 2) Phone the Head Office of Association for Dietetics in SA (ADSA) at: (011) 061-5000 during office hours and ask the information officer if she can refer you to dietitians that specialise in Sports Nutrition in the Joburg area.

1

Dear Taya