Question
Posted by: browneyes | 2009/04/21

FEM 54 NOT SEXUALLY ACTIVE HAD SEX TODAY AND BLED WAS VERY SORE

Dear Doc plse help I am a female age 54 was not sexually active and had sex with my partner today. it was very uncomfortable for me when he penetrated and I bled a litte
we both wanted it I was very wet, what could be the problem
and what can I do to help myself and satisfy my partner
tks

When a woman has sexual intercourse for the very first time, it is common for there to be some discomfort and a little bleeding when the hymen (at the opening of the vagina) breaks. After this sex should be pain free. Make sure that you are fully aroused before penetration and the use of extra lubrication can be helpful. Another cause of pain or discomfort can be linked to a thinning of the vaginal lining due to menopause (change of life). This can be treated with locally applied oestrogen cream or 'tablets' that can be inserted into the vagina. Speak with your family doctor or pharmacist. If vaginal sex is still uncomfortable oral sex and mutual masturbation are other ways to give and receive sexual pleasure. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for more information www.sexualhealth.co.za

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/28

thanks I appreciate it the problem is not that I am dry no
I get extremely wet went to the chemist for the oestro cream
they told me get a prescription man I have a very high sex drive

Posted by: Des | 2009/04/24

Hi there brown eyes  glad that U could become sexually active again. U should just give it time + use plenty of lube. He must be very gentle at 1st. Maybee your vagina just needs to become " sex fit"  again. I know what it was like 4 me after not having sex for 6 yrs. Whith my new partner it was like starting all over again, she' d also been without it for 5 yrs. Have patience + I' m sure you' ll soon really b enjoying it again.

Reply to Des