Question
Posted by: Confused | 2011-01-31

Fell in love with physiotherapist

Hi doc. I am a lesbian and i fell in love with my physiotherapist a few months ago while receiving treatment. I can not forget her and it affects my relationship. What can I do? I do not know her relationship status but I guess I can not tell her how I feel?

Are you still seeing her for physiotherapy ? Where gay or straight, under various circumstances a patient can develop strong feelings for a therapist, and it is NEVER a good idea to act on them. YOu should see a therapist / counsellor ( maybe preferably, at this stage, a male one, to reduce the risk of further complications of this sort ) to deal with your feelings, the impact on your currrent relationship, etc.
If you are still needing physiotherapy, changing to a different physio ( and one not readily attractive to you ) would be wise. It would be highly unprofessional for the physio to respond to your feelings for her. When this occurs with a shrink, it can be worth discussing these concerns with the therapist, as they should have been trained to understand and deal with this situation. I doubt whether physio's training gives them the abilityto cope well with it

1
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-31

is she also lesbian?has she shown interest,get ur head out of the clouds and concentrate on ur current relationship,any way it''s unethical for her to be personally involved with clients.dnt spoil and ruin yor doctor client relation

Reply to anon