Question
Posted by: AJ | 2010/04/14

Feline Exsama ???/

I have a male cat that is 6 yrs old. he has been fixed. For the past 3 years it has like he has a " skin allergy"  He scratches himself that he bleeds and looses his fur. This is only around his neck, eyes, ear and on his back. He is on cortizone injections - which i believe from the vet does however shorten his life span :( I have asked for a scrapping / biopsy to be done to rule out for sure what is really wrong with him. Instead of just treating his symtoms. My vet said to me i am wasting my money. He was back at the vet on Monday - and she said " she thinks"  it is seasonle exsama and should not be so bad during the winter months.

PLS HELP !!

Dear AJ

Give the cat Hills sensitive skin, use mirra cote daily and treat the cat for fleas every 2 weeks and your carpets every 2 months. It sounds like a flea bite allergy, and yes, you do not see fleas on a cat with flea bite allergy.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear AJ

Reply to Cybervet