Question
Posted by: Angel | 2009-03-05

Feline Ecsama

I have a male cat that is 4 years old. I have had him at 3 different vets. He has feline ecsama. Now my question is why does he break out again when his meds are finished ? Surely the vet knows the problem and he should receive like a repeat of his meds every month to control the ecsama ???

Dear Angel

Feline eczema is not a disease on its own. The underlying cause is fleas 90% of cases. People do not believe this as you seldom see a flea on a sensitive cat. Treat you cat for fleas every 2 weeks with frontline, spray your carpets every 3 weeks with Flego and give mirra cote over the food daily. You should see a massive response in 3 months, that is of course if you believe the flea story.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-03-05

Going to four different vets is a complete and utter waste of money.

Skin conditions can be very difficult to treat, and sometimes involve trial and error. Going to a new vet every week simply means they start all over again from scratch... if you' ll pardon the expression.

Reply to Chill