Question
Posted by: Mom | 2012-09-10

Feet turning inwards

Good day,

My 20 month old son still seems quite unsteady. He runs, jumps,etc but his feet turn inward quuite alot that sometimes he trips.

His paed says there is nothing wrong with his feet and will grow out of it. But I am still concerned. Please help.

Thanking you in advance.

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your mail, although podiatrist deal with paediatric foot condition, I would suggest that you consult with a physiotherapist with an NDT qualification and that has a special interest in children. The problem could be structural or functional in nature and depending on that could be corrected with exercises. Customade in-shoe devices would only be considered at an older age.

3
Posted by: Aggy | 2012-11-27

I can alrdaey tell that''s gonna be super helpful.

Reply to Aggy
Posted by: Olowookere | 2012-10-14

I have the same sort of question, but in the opisopte direction. I have *terrible* feet and use motion-control shoes plus orthotics. Now I''m due for new orthotics. I will definitely be bringing my running shoes along with me for my fitting. But is there a chance that the orthotics plus the MC shoes are too much?

Reply to Olowookere
Posted by: podiatrist | 2012-09-22

Reply to podiatrist