Posted by: Leanne | 2012-01-26

Feet sore when I wake up

Hi Doc,
Every morning when i wake up, i can hardly walk because my feet are so sore.I have been to the doctor and he said i do not retain water and doesn''''t know what could cause my feet to get sore.
I have looked at a diagram of the bones in a foot and it seems the bones that are aching are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th metatarsals (in that area)
I wear flat shoes everyday, sometimes I don''''t wear any as I work from home. It is not excrusiating pain, but not very pleasant when you wake up in the morning to have to walk on the outside of my feet.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Hi Leanne
It could be a bit of wear and tear changes i.e. arthritis. If it is really bothersome you should ask your GP to refer you to a rheumatologist. Shoes do play an important role as does weight- If you are a bit overweight, even a loss of a few kilos can also help.