Posted by: Maxx | 2008-11-04

Feet Problems

Hey doc. I' ve been having a lot of trouble with my feet lately. I have a fungal infection in my toenails which I took adco sporzole for. Didn' t kill it off. I still have four nails infected to which I' m applying Loceryl 5%. So that' s hopefully taken care of now. My feet also smell really bad. This started about a year ago. The bottom of my feet stick to my socks as I take them off. Also, after I' ve had a bath and gave them a good scrub they still stick to the towel as I get out. They' re also quite ckracked. Do you know what going on here? I would really like to get them back to normal. I went to a dermatologist and he said that the soles are just dry, but this can surely not be all. Why the heave smell and the sticking to socks. Thanks for ur help.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Maxx

Toenail fungal infections are very difficult to treat, I can only say persevere! For advanced cases I normally recommend Sporanox, Loceryl for early stage infections. Often I will advise a patient to use both.

As far as the smelly feet and sticking to the towel goes, I think you do have some type of skin infection. Possibly fungal or bacterial such as pitted keratolysis. The infecting organism must be identified via a skin swab and then treated accordingly.