Question
Posted by: liz | 2011-08-30

Feet is paining

Just like to now what can it be my maid is complaning about constant pain in her feet the pain starts from the knee down in to her feet she say the pain does not go away it is so sore she cannot somestime walk the way it pain, her feet is also swolen, and she is on her feet the whole day working .
Please advise
Liz

Liz

The cause for the pain can be due to the fact that she is on her feet the whole day. I do however, suggest that she consults a doctor to exclude a vascular reason for her pain, as well as a neuropathic cause. She should be examined thoroughly and blood tests will have to be done to exclude diabetes militus, vitamin B12 deficiency, as well as hypothryroidism. It will be wise for her to take short breaks of approximately 20 minutes, in order to elevate her feet, to lesson the swelling and pain.

Unfortunately, I am unable to suggest any medication, as it is imperative that she examined.