Posted by: Nix | 2009-01-06

feet in pain

Hi! I am 23 years old and I’ m in good health. I spa at least 2 to 3 times a week that helps with blood circulation because it’ s in water with bubbles that give the body a vibrate effect that helps with circulation. I really don’ t have any health problems that I’ m aware of except low blood sugar.

When I got pregnant with my second child my feet started to hurt and it got worse as the pregnancy progressed, I thought that it is just the pregnancy. My baby is now 7 months old and I’  m still in pain. When I just walk a bit more than usual then my feet hurt so much that I can’  t walk on them. The pain is underneath in the middle area and when I rub them on top between the tows and the bridge area…  it really has this sharp pain when I rub it there. When I get up in the night for my baby’  s night feed I struggle to walk off the pain and then in the morning it’  s a little bit better but I still feel pain and then I get it gets worse as the day goes on and I’ m on my feet. I’  m at home and I don’  t ware any shoes except when I go out of the house and I don’ t go out that often so it can’ t be a shoe that causes this.

This is really a problem because I have two kids and I can’ t sit all day long. I never had this problem before and I was able to go for long walks and I did long distance running when I was in school

Should I see a foot doctor or where a type of shoe or what should I do. I have a foot spa that I use some evenings but it does not take it away, just relieves a bit.

Thank you so much for “ listening”  hope that you can help me.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nix

Its very common for the feet to change during pregnancy and its possible your foot shape or alignment has altered. You could be experiencing pain from a low arch foot type or other cause. I recommend that you see a podiatrist that will be able to do an assessment of your feet, diagnose the problem and plan a treatment program which couild include presciption insoles.