Question
Posted by: Glow | 2010-06-04

feet catching cold, gets itchy and darken

Hi Doc,

pls help, i am 31 years old woman, every winter i experience a problem with my feet, my toes get intensely itchy and change to a dark colour, i tried getting a foot spa for use in the evenings but itis not really helping. it is not athlete''s foot, in the summer months, the problem completely disappears. my feet get very cold. i wear socks and slippers in the house, but once i take them off to sleep, then my feet catch cold, what could be my problem, how can i make this better. lately i''ve had the same feeling in my hands in the mornings.

Glow

Your extremities are being effected by the cold. Blood flow is restricted and hence the symptoms. It is imperative that you keep your extremities warm and if you are a smoker, you should stop. You should however, consult your doctor for an examination. I think that you might have a condition called Reynauds Syndrome or Phenomena. Please refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynaud%27s_phenomenon